Promoting sustainability and environmental awareness
At Plan4Sport, we’re committed to reducing the impact our company has on the environment as much as possible. We aim to promote sustainability and environmental awareness and are working to improve our policies, procedures and working practices to allow us to deliver a brilliant service whilst limiting any negative effect on the planet.
Where possible, we try to comply with all applicable environmental legislation and sustainability commitments.
- We consider the carbon footprint of our business activities and where possible try to reduce this with the aim of becoming carbon neutral.
- We actively work to reduce our waste by recycling and re-using wherever possible, and increasingly rely on electronic files in order to lower our paper/ink consumption.
- We aim to use resources responsibly, for example, by switching off electrical items overnight and at weekends.
- We support the purchase of energy-efficient, sustainable products and devices where possible.
- We consider the most efficient, cost effective, sustainable modes of transport for our staff when business travel is necessary. Our staff are home-based, which reduces travelling and promotes a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing.
Through training our team members on new ways to reduce energy and generate less waste, as well as increasing knowledge of environmental issues, we ensure our staff are aware of the environmental impacts of their work activities and encourage them to minimise those impacts where possible.
There’s always more we can do, but we continue to monitor and review our practices in order to bring about lasting and effective change. As part of our commitment to promoting a healthy planet, for all organisations that complete either our Bronze, Silver or Gold Mental Health Framework we will plant a tree with the Woodlands Trust.